Saturday, January 28, 2012

Still glazing but wanted to share...

People who work in clay must always be looking for their next favorite texture, I know I do.  And I was going to take a picture and post it but will have to later, as my camera says insufficient battery!
My two favorites to texture with is a piece of deer bone I found in one of my favorite places on earth, Monterey, Virginia.  It is sort of in the shape of a heart, and no, I'm not kidding!  The other is an old rock I found in our driveway, I think its lava like...I'll show you later!


Here is a picture of the beads made with the deer bone...

Anyway, I'm always looking for something new, I've drug in bark off our trees, leaves, and so on.  What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting textures. Be sure to remind us what you used when you use these. That heart design is amazing.

    ReplyDelete