Monday, January 16, 2012

Saturday Company

Had a visitor Saturday that pulled me out of the clay. We watched about four hours of Mantracker. Its a fun show where two men on horseback chase two people on foot. It usually takes a couple of days and the "prey" runs and hides and usually has to sleep out under the stars. We decided we would rather chase than be chased! For sure! We both love to ride horses, which I was never good at, but I've loved horses as long as I can remember anything. It's been over twenty years since I've been on a horse, but I still love them. My last one was an Arabian colt that I raised from three months old. He was gelded at about 1 1/2 years old as he was getting dangerous to be around. I loved him so! He was small and he was a beautiful bay. His name was Ali Rafshan and I hope I never forget him. Had to sell him before we moved to town and that was one of the saddest days of my life, but life changes and we have to go with the flow...I loved him and think of him often, he was quite the challenge and so much fun. One of my dreams come true...be blessed, see you!

2 comments:

  1. Marti, I so enjoy your blog. You share such wonderful personal stories about yourself. This is such a great way for those of us who oogle your work to get to know you as an artist. What a sweet insight into your recent horse components. Makes me want them even more. I too have loved horses and got my first one when I was in the 7th grade (surprised I can remember that far back.) She was a small quarter horse, also a bay, and I named her Golden Duchess of April. I had her until I married. It was a sad day for me as well. I have thought about her hundreds of times during my lifetime and pray she received a good home. I could talk about her all day, but I have to quit as this is raising some emotion for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I understand that...I used to couldn't talk about Raffy as it was very hurtful to me to have to get rid of him. Lucky for me, I just happened to over hear the young man that bought him. He had no idea who I was and he was talking about the beautiful and fast horse he bought that day...I knew they were able to take care of him...he later broke the fathers leg, but he lived there a long time. I went to see him a few times and when he forgot me, I never went back...having to grow up is not fun sometimes!

      Delete