Monday, January 30, 2012

New Kiln Things

Very happy with what came out of the kiln this morning!  Here are a few new things:



The Bloom pendant wasn't easy to do.  Must find a better way!  I usually work with fairly wet clay which, of course, makes it harder to work with and so, the letters are exactly straight or even, but I like it anyway!  



These are greener in person.  I tried the living room lighting today, so the colors aren't exact.  The wing above is fairly close to right color.




I love elephants and have a small and varied collection of them.  My favorite is an elephant puppet I found hanging in a tree at a yard sale years ago.  He is hanging looking at me right now as a matter of fact!  He is hand carved from wood and had a horsehair tail at one time, and he is missing one tusk, but I love him anyway.  His legs are jointed as is his trunk, his head and his ears move!  He's wonderful...will have to upload his pic sometime soon!  

Here's a couple more things from the kiln today...I went off on a tangent didn't I?



These are Tree Of Life beads.  A tree goes completely around the bead, they are in a set of six.



And a cute little doggie and bones cuff and connectors...okay, that's enough for tonight.  These things and a few more will be added to the Etsy store sometime soon!  Thanks for dropping by!  




2 comments:

  1. Great stuff - that wing would make a fantastic cuff if you put just a bit of a curve in it.
    And the doggie things - love those. The beads are really pretty too. Another good load I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean! I'm happy with this load...will try to remember to curve the wing next time!

    ReplyDelete