I am starting to glaze today. There are four shelves for my kiln and I think I have enough done this time to fill it to the rim. At least I hope so!
New glazes are so exciting, finding out which ones work for me is fun. Some are delightful, some not so much. A few new brushes are fun too. I like size number four and eight with natural bristles. Most of the things I glaze are small, so small brushes work well for me.
I made a couple new bead holders. Bead boxes do not work for me and I don't know why. I've tried a couple and was not happy with them. So after a while I finally thought of this idea. It works very well. Kind of dangerous! I have to be careful or get stuck, but I like it so much better than anything I've used so far. The little mounds keep the bottom of the bead off the floor of the bead holder and the glazed bead won't get stuck. I am going to use a little kiln wash on it.
The first one I made had the wires too close together and even my small beads would bump into each other. If you've ever had glazed beads stick together, you know what a disaster that can be...no fun at all! So this one is a little more spacious and I'm anxious to see how it works. More will be made in this fashion if it is successful for me.