Monday, July 1, 2013

Red, White and Blue




When I decided I would make something for the Beads of Clay blog, it only took a minute to decide what month I wanted.  July.  My younger brother was born in July so it's always been a special month to us.  And then of course, the 4th.  What a special day for our country!

While I was making these turquoise beads I got to thinking about what I was doing.  I took some clay and smashed and rolled it on my sidewalk out front.  Old cement, rock steady, trustworthy, and every now and then a big crack.  Yes, that reminded me much of my brother.  Rock steady and trustworthy with a wacky sense of humor.  And with a voice like an angel.  He sings all around our part of this wonderful world, for celebrations, funerals and just for fun.
  
Since we've grown up and he became a man and then a father, I can say, he is someone I am just proud to know, let alone be related to.  He provides for and cherishes his family.  He tears up when he talks about his girls…what a great daddy!  

So, here is my tribute to my brother, Calvin Lee Wilson, and what he means to me is so far beyond this…I love you, brother!



Here is my July treasury...hope you like it!

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/NTIyMDEwNHwyNzIyMTA3ODc5/red-white-and-blue?index=0&atr_uid=

thanks for stopping by and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment