Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 9, 2016

So I got to sit down last week with fourteen lumps of clay and this is some of what I came up with. Now don't laugh, you promised! I was so happy just to get a bowl shape and almost the same size...lots of work to do...have you quit laughing yet?
The cups were a different story. One is really heavy and the other not too bad. The handles were from a cup that failed. Do you have any of your first cups and bowls that will make me feel better about mine? And the buttons, I've made buttons for ten years now! I cannot believe it's been that long, seems like last week when I started.
This is just the beginning stage. I have yet to bisque and glaze. So, hopefully, they will get done next week. Hope you've enjoyed yourself here today. Please join my blog, my numbers haven't moved in a long time, my fault of course. Thanks! Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. I like your blog. I remember how much I enjoyed working with clay in high school. Pottery was one of my electives. A very relaxing hobby indeed. That was a long time ago. Time sure does go by fast....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! And yes, time flies, and older you get the quicker it goes!

      Delete
  2. What wonderful new work, Marti! I'm especially fond of those little houses! ...I miss blogging sometimes. It's nice to see a few more people returning to it. Maybe I'll get inspired too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharyl, so nice to hear from you. Happy new year to you and yours! Thanks so much! M

      Delete